Yamaha Named Official Golf Car Partner of the National Golf Course Owners Association
Kennesaw, Ga. (January 5, 2018) – Yamaha Golf-Car Company has been named the Official Golf Car Partner of the National Golf Course Owners' Association (NGCOA).
From its inception, the partnership has been crafted to benefit NGCOA members by bringing to bear Yamaha’s distinctive pedigree for technical innovation, while also offering incentives on Yamaha golf car and utility vehicle purchases/leases through the NGCOA’s Smart Buy Purchasing Program. NGCOA members will appreciate Yamaha’s technical advancements, including the innovative YamaTrack GPS fleet management utility.
“As NGCOA prepares for its 40th anniversary next year, the association is widely celebrated as a conduit of learning, inspiration, networking and pioneering management practices for golf courses, and the players they serve, around the country. Yamaha is proud to lend its global resources to that noble mission through this exciting partnership.” ---Tom McDonald, President of Yamaha Golf-Car Company
"Yamaha's significant growth in market share over the past decade alone demonstrates their commitment to both a quality product and to the needs of course operators," says Jay Karen, Chief Executive Officer at NGCOA. "Stepping up in such a significant way to support NGCOA - and by extension the interests of the entire golf industry - reinforces Yamaha’s position as a true leader in this industry. We are excited to work with Tom and his great team."
The multi-year partnership will afford Yamaha comprehensive brand positioning, promotion and relationship-building opportunities through NGCOA, to include:
- Yamaha will be the Official Golf Car Partner of the NGCOA
- Yamaha will be recognized as Presenting Sponsor of both the NGCOA Golf Business Conference and the Golf Business TechCon.
- Yamaha will be Presenting Sponsor of NGCOA’s Multi-Course Owners (MCO) Retreat and the Title Sponsor of the Yamaha Golf Outing.
- Yamaha will have a strategic advertising position within a variety of NGCOA communication platforms, including Golf Business Magazine; Circuit, the association’s monthly digital member newsletter; Accelerate e-mail broadcasts; and weekly podcast interviews with industry leaders.
- Yamaha will also play an active role as a sponsor of the NGCOA’s Online Advocacy Center, and will have a seat on the association’s Technology Advisory Committee.
In addition, all courses in the United States can benefit from the partnership in the following ways:
- NGCOA members who convert their fleets to Yamaha during the duration of this partnership, will be eligible for a vehicle rebate.
- Yamaha customers, who are not members of NGCOA, and who renew their fleets during the duration of this partnership, will be gifted a one-year, complimentary membership in NGCOA.
- Yamaha customers, who are members of NGCOA, and who renew their fleets during the duration of this partnership, will get complimentary admission to the Golf Business Conference or the Golf Business TechCon.
- Courses, which are not members of NGCOA and which convert their fleet to Yamaha, will receive the complimentary membership and admission to NGCOA conferences.
For more information about the partnership benefits, visit here if you are a member of NGCOA or visit here if you are not a member of NGCOA.
About Yamaha Golf-Car Company
The Yamaha Golf-Car Company manufactures the most highly engineered, highest quality golf cars, utility, and specialty vehicles in the industry in Newnan, Georgia since 1988. The company was the first to develop Electronic Fuel Injection technology in a golf car, producing the best gas mileage and smallest carbon footprint, the first golf car with fully independent four-wheel suspension producing the smoothest ride in the game, as well as the first gas-powered car that is almost as quiet as an electric. Yamaha Golf-Car Company’s sales and marketing headquarters are located in Kennesaw, Ga.
About the NGCOA
The National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) is the leading authority on the business of golf course ownership and management. The Association represents and promotes the interests of golf courses as the principal businesses and economic assets of the game of golf. The not-for-profit organization is the only trade association dedicated exclusively to golf course owners and operators. Through advocacy, education and information resources, purchasing programs and networking opportunities, the NGCOA helps golf course owners and operators run more successful businesses. For more information, visit www.ngcoa.org or call 1-800-933-4262.
Yamaha Golf-Car Company
Division Manager - Marketing, National Account & Export Sales
Director of Corporate Partnerships